Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Another blog that I have looked at for hours...


Getting started. Carlie always wears a tshirt when she cooks to keep her clothes clean. I really wish I knew how to sew well as I would make her a cute little apron with frills, whistles and bells for Christmas or her birthday. For now, she loves the tshirt. She always says she is cookin with Dr King. LOL


Carlie making a batch for her brother to take back to his home. She loves cooking for others as well. Wonder where she gets that behavior from.

She is always so pleased with herself when she completes things in the kitchen. She did a great job. Now the mess she made... she did a great job at that too... 100% or nothing with this little girl.


I go to some of the cooking or foodie blogs and when I have the time I could stay there forever... so very fun for me. People surely must think I am crazy. That is okay... they won't be the first. I have so many posts to catch up on with things I have been cooking here for my family... but... I will start with this one.

I found Mommy's Kitchen in the first couple of days I was on blogging this go around. I saw this particular recipe right away and knew I was going to make it for the 4th of July. Each year our neighborhood gets together for the 4th and we eat and laugh and talk and enjoy each other. Everyone brings fireworks and we let those off when it gets dark. We also live near the golf course and they have a larger fireworks show that we can watch from the street. It is fun for everyone. The deal with the potluck is... everyone brings their own meat to grill. Some people opt to share, but in reality it is for your family. They then bring one side dish. So... not yo mama's banana pudding was on my bucket list of to makes. Something cool for a hot day. Something I knew not anyone else would make. I also try to incorporate Carlie helping me in the kitchen as she loves to cook. So... we did... and it was fun. We had a great time. She was a little bossy with me... but that is nothing unusual when we are cooking as she wants to take over. I may have a future chef on my hands. So... we did this recipe together. We doubled the batch however, so I could send an 8x8 back home with my son Taylor... (but he is a nilla wafer fan so he got that in his... with his autism, sometimes you are better off leaving well enough alone on some of the things he likes...) and I took an 8x8 to work for the people that had to work swing on 4th and had to miss out on festivities. This had raves... and it was wonderful... so try it... you will like it....

We never bring one side dish... it just isn't me... and those that know me know it isn't me. So.... we also brought some corn on the cob... some limeade punch... a taco salad, and an enchilada casserole. We had carne asada for our meat. It was sooooooo very good.

And visit her blog... she has a lot going on over there and you will love her site...

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6-8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 - 5-ounce box instant French vanilla pudding
1 - 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 -14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 - 12-ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed
or equal amounts sweetened whip cream.

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top. In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 12 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Kid Easy
Adapted from: Let's Celebrat

No comments:

Post a Comment