Friday, July 2, 2010

Ham, Swiss and Asparagus Strada...


My job has me so very busy trying to figure out some sort of sleeping schedule. It is difficult. Anyhow... I have tons of things to post that I have been cooking but I struggle to find the time to post them. I keep thinking they will give me two days off in a row so I can find time... yet... that is not happening. So for now, let me add this one with the promise of adding more later on. I am actually coming on as I have a few recipes in mind for our 4th of July celebration with the neighbors. Both Taylor and Amanda are coming, and Spence too obviously. It is always a great turn out and great company with the neighbors. I will try to do some of the cooking tomorrow for it since I work tons of days straight now.

Anyhow... for now... going to let this recipe rock your world.

4 english muffins torn into pieces I used sour dough
2 cups cubed ham
2 cups fresh asparagus cooked and in bite size pieces
(I put mine in in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes are so with salt and pepper on them sprayed with a little olive oil and fresh garlic)
4 oz swiss cheese slices torn into bite size pieces...
1/2 of a medium size onion diced
4 eggs beaten
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup milk

cook asparagus and set to the side.

In 8x8 pyrex dish, place half of the english muffins. Layer with onion, ham, asparagus and cheese. I put cheese on last.

In bowl, beat eggs with the sour cream and the milk. Pour over the layered dish. Top with remaining enlish muffins. Push the english muffins down in the pan a bit to make sure they absorb some of the egg mixture. Let sit over night, covered in the fridge. Bake at 325 for 65 to 75 minutes or until thermometer reaches 170. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. A nice light dinner for the summer... or a great breakfast or lunch. This is similar to a quich. I have also made this with adding mushrooms to it and also zucchini and broccoli flowerettes.

Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. I love Strada, that's such a great idea using the english muffins...and that is a very tasty blend of ingredients! Nice touch using the sour cream!
    I hope you have a great 4th of July, and get some rest if you can!
    All the best!
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breakfast looks so delicious! I really have to get off the computer and go make breakfast before I read any more recipes :-)!!

    Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete