Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sicilian Sandwhiches






This is one of our favorites but I only make them about once a year... so good but too addicting for us...

This sandwich I always serve in the summer months, although it would be good during the winter as well. The flavors blend well. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

1 pkg pepperoni
1 pkg canadian bacon
shredded motz cheese
sandwich buns of your choice... really good on poor boys
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes
italian dressing for drizzling

This is like so many of my other recipes that don't have measurements and I just wing it. I fry the canadian bacon first... as it the pepperoni leaves a top of grease behind. Remove and place on a plate. Now in the same pan you can fry the pepperoni as well and also remove and place on the plate.

I brown the buns either by putting them under the broiler first... or putting butter on them and placing face down even before I do the canadian bacon.

Just place layers... bottom layer canadian bacon, next layer is the pepperoni. Put the motz cheese on that and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted. Take out of the oven and then put the lettuce and tomato on top.. drizzle with italian dressing. Place on top bun and then cut in half and serve. We sometimes also add olives on the top. It is a great sandwich. Enjoy. The soup is Tomato Cheese soup and the recipe is already listed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really hearty sandwich. I love the pairing of it with the tomato soup (and that being made with extra yummy stuff, too). What a great, easy meal!

    ReplyDelete