Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Raisin Bran Muffins (3 week muffins)


Today is wet and gloomy. Oh yah! I am from Oregon where we don't tan, we rust!!! Some days when it is rainy I want a comfort food. One of the reasons my butt refuses to stop growing. With that being said... I wanted to make Carlie some muffins today for when she returns from preschool. I also will want to make a plate for Amanda's apartment and some to take over to Taylor... so we use the batter up right away although it makes up four dozen pretty much. I wonder, do they have as much fun getting little surprise treats as much as I have making and planning them for them? I doubt it!!! That is ok though... I like doing it anyhow.

These muffins are great tasting! No kidding!!! Who knew I would reach an age where I would want to talk about bran cereal? (ps... the doctors love when we eat bran... it is a fiber... GRIN... ;) ) So the great thing about these is that you can make them and keep the batter up to three weeks in the fridge. That is great! Nothing like one coming out of the oven when a slab of butter drenched on it... ( reason number two for my butt growing!) Anyhow.... this is made with all staple foods pretty much. So you don't have to run to google, for those that are like me on measurements, a quart is 4 cups. I also don't buy buttermilk... I make my own... you know... milk with lemon juice... it will turn into buttermilk just like that!!!! These will make about four dozen. I use my demarl muffin tray so no oil or spraying... they pop right out...

Before I post this recipe... I must tell you... I have watched three episodes of baby story today. I am a basketcase! I can't let my daughter know or she will surely not let me in the delivery room with her come September... so this is just between us!!!! I will bring some of these muffins to tempt her or bribe her though...

On to the muffins...

Raisin Bran Muffins

15 oz. raisin bran cereal
1 c. oil
3 c. sugar
5 c. flour
5 t. baking soda
4 eggs
2 t. salt
1 quart buttermilk


Mix all ingredients. It makes a huge batch. This can be stored as a batter in the refridgerator for up to 3 weeks. You can make one muffin at a time, or a dozen, it is up to you. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes


Enjoy... and know these are addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment