Friday, June 4, 2010

Carne Asada Nachos....

Last night in Carlie's excitement that I am now working again. She obviously didn't understand that my feet were killing me so very bad. That will take getting used to. Not that this is a bad thing... it's just a *thang*... and I will get used to it again and it will be better for my body than a sit down job. I still am convincing myself of this perhaps... please join in. Ha.

When I picked up toodle doodle from pre school she said she wanted to celebrate. Our celebrations always include food. Not sure that is all that healthy but it is the way that it is, and I am very aware of it. With this in mind... she got to pick the food. Her food of choice was... carne asada nachos. Go figure... two kinds of cheese... a staple in my home... ha. They really are good.

Whatcha need...

Any tortilla chip... we like Juanitas. I used juanitas round. They are thin and crisp... best ones...
1 large can refried beans
1 can chopped green chilis
1 can mushroom soup (cheapest is okay since you are not making a sauce with it.)
1/2 tsp cumin

Monterey Jack Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Carne Asada cooked with Carne Asada spices on it (leave a little under cooked so it won't end up dry)
Sliced olives
Diced onion
Chopped tomato
Chopped avocado
Sour Cream
Salda
Cilantro




Layer your chips in a 9x13 or larger pan. I have done them in a broiler pan as well. In a bowl, combine the refried beans, green chilis, mushroom soup and cumin. Mix well and spread over the chips. Top with grated monterey jack cheese. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until cheese starts to melt.

I then add the grated cheddar, then the carne asada, then olives and topped with more monterey jack cheese. (If you are wondering, yes, this can make your butt grow if not eaten in moderation... it is cheese you know) This is also why you want your carne asada to not be cooked toooooooo much as it is going to bake and it will get closer to how you like your meat cooked... I like mine still moist and not dried like the sole of a shoe... Place back in the oven for an additional 12 minutes or until the cheese is all melted.

This is what it will look like when it comes out of the oven. It is now easy to serve individual portions and top the way you like it...

Here is what it ends up like for my plate. And so you don't sit and wonder... thinking no wonder her rear is the size of Texas... this is a salad plate... so it is not as big as it looks. I am going to stick with this story.

3 comments:

  1. What a great recipe. This is the first of many visits to your blog. I really like your recipes and the the tone of what you write. You've made this a very nice place to visit. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nachos look scrumptious! I like the way you saucied up the beans. My kiddos are going to love these (they adore nachos!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy! My hubby would love it!

    ReplyDelete