Friday, June 18, 2010

Salmon patties


I don't like fish unless it is fresh salmon once in awhile... such as if I were dying and it was the last thing on earth to eat... or perhaps if someone threatened to shoot me in the leg... or if I was to get the winning number to the lottery if I ate it. You get the idea. Perhaps that is due to my dad working for an export business that delivered salmon to Japan, I think it was, from Alaska... so we had a chest type freezer full of it.... and ate it in many forms. If my mom could have started making salmon popsicles out of it she would have... or if my grandma could have replaced the corned beef out of her lemon jello with cheese (if you think I am kidding, think again... it was horrible... she thought it was good.... we gave all of ours to my dad... he liked it... ate it all... gross...) with the salmon I am sure she would have. Lord help me...

However, every now and again... I do like to eat this. Perhaps it is because I make it out of a can and it is not out of that chest freezer. I still have flashbacks however as I reach for the can of salmon and I almost want to not get it.

Carlie loves these and so does Taylor... so I make these for them. I actually do like them pretty well too.

So.... salmon patties...

2 cans of canned salmon (so the really gross thing is you have to pick the bones out and the skin off and since it is canned it is soft and slimy and gross.... but other than that, it's all good...)
5 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1 diced onion
2 cups crushed crackers. I use oyster crackers as they are cuter than regular saltines... lol... again not kidding.
4 T flour

Just mix it all with your hands as you do a meatloaf. Form into patties and fry in olive oil. I sometimes sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. Other times I might add some liquid smoke before forming into patties. Fry til golden on each side. I like ours dark with a crispy coating... and they seem to like them as well....

NOW seafood that has a shell... I am good with that... totally different and I can't get enough of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment