Monday, June 21, 2010

OMG Lemon Cheesecake Bars ... so good


So I am the lady... THAT LADY. I am not so sure if it fits my personality or not... I hope it does as I think of myself as a generous person... but I am THAT LADY on the block that loves to bake and take things to people. Not always to my block... lots of times at work... no matter where I work... etc. So... last week we had a meeting at work at 3:30p. Now, not that I so much mind missing out on sleep or anything, but when I rush to work for this meeting as I am told there is possibilities of people being fired or written up if they don't show up... and then the meeting lasts 8 minutes. Oh... the eight minutes is because he had to repeat things to people that showed up late. Now to me, that seems awfully silly. However, I got up early (remember, I work graveyards, so I don't go to bed til 9 or 10 am... to make these cheesecake bars. Now I had made them before, but it had been a year or so. I understand why.... they are so darned good.... they are addicting. One guy at work actually ate like seven of them... hahaha. Everyone asked for the recipe... so I shared. Anyhow. I debated about posting a photo of them as this is an ugly plate from work and if anyone knows me they know I am a plate and dish snob.... I like my dishes.... just the way I am built. (Perhaps it is a sickness and I am just in denial. YIKES...)

Anyhow... Lemon Cheesecake Bars... Enjoy them. I am going to make these to take to Amanda's baby shower this weekend as well I think....

2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1 cup Butter -- Softened
8 ounces Cream Cheese -- Softened
2 eggs
1/2 cup Evaporated milk
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Flour
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 teaspoons Lemon Peel -- grated
1 cup Sour Cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 350F degrees.

In a bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar; cut in the butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles crumbs. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 13x9 baking pan. Bake crust for 25 minutes.

In a blender, combine the cream cheese, eggs, milk, sugar, 1 tbsp of flour, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel. Blend until smooth. Pour into baked crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until mixture is set. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread sour cream over the top and chill. Cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. these sound really good! wow...what a perfect combination all that lemony goodness and creamy cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete