Saturday, July 9, 2011

Polish Sausage Potato Salad


Potato salad is always a favorite in my house. I am impressed with all the new kinds of potato salads that there are not. Not just the typical mayonnaise, pickles and celery with onions. I love the version with fresh green beans, onions, red potatoes and garlic. So yummy... to follow another day.

For a recent gathering that I went to last week, I took this potato salad I played by ear. Again, Not exact measurements as I played around to get this taste, so please as you do this, play with it and make it your own... what you like.

What I used:

2 1/2 lbs red potatoes cut and boiled (not to long cooking as you don't want them soggy)
12 polish sausage cut into rings and fried
2 large onions cooked with the polish sausage
1 large tblsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

What I mixed as a dressing

1/4 cup creamy horseradish
5 Tbls horseradish mustard (I am assuming this amout, a huge squeeze)
1 Tbls minced garlic
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 cups of mayonnaise
2 Tbls fresh ground pepper
fresh ground salt to taste
5 Tblsp olive oil
1 Tbls powdered chinese mustard

I simply whisked this all together and folded into the potato salad. I must say I like a lot of dressing on my potato as if there is extra it soaks into the salad and it becomes too dry.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is good and hearty meal all on it's own with some fresh fruit. I garnished with green onions as I always do.

1 comment:

  1. I like potato salad too.Especially when I make fish.I make it slightly different but your recepy looks yummu too;)

    ReplyDelete