Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easy Cheddar Biscuits and ohhhh so good....


I was a bit skeptical to try these. They looked simply too easy to be good. Kind of the too good to be true scenario. Well these are fantastic. I got this from a blog hop, the sites name was called Talking Dollars and Cents. I hope you will visit them. There are a lot of great recipes over there that are affordable. Enjoy... play around with these... they are soo goooooood.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease muffin tin with non-stick spray

Ingredients

Sift together in bowl #1:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt

Mix together in bowl #2:
1 cup grated cheddar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups of milk
1/4 cup melted butter

Add ingredients in bowl #2 to bowl #1.
Mix until combined.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full
Sprinkle tops with course pretzel salt (optional)
Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

This is the original writing of the biscuits. I added fresh ground pepper to them and some diced onions and I mixed in a tablespoon of garlic in the second bowl. They were fantastic as well. Next time I am also going to add some crumbled, crispy bacon. Fantastic and easy muffins...

1 comment:

  1. I love dough with cheddar.For me it is the best melting cheese.And well doen:)

    ReplyDelete